Did you know, that Alexa has an early access to Prime Day deals? All you need is your voice to save some money on Amazon Echo devices, already today.
If you haven’t tried Amazon Prime yet, Amazon offers a 30-day free trial:
Amazon Echo Prime Day Deals
Amazon announced in their press release a preview of Prime Day deals, which will be available on October 13 & 14, while supplies last.
Early Voice Access with Alexa
Sure, we can closely monitor Amazon’s Prime Day deals by continuously visiting amazon.com or amazon.co.uk on our Amazon App, to find the best deals (or check the up-to-date product links throughout our posts).
However, for some products, Alexa will give you an early access to the prime day deals:
“Shop with Alexa on an Echo device beginning Sunday, October 11, to get early access to select deals on devices. Just ask, “Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?” Members will also find select device deals early on Amazon.com starting Monday, October 12 at 12pm PT / 3pm ET“
Check the Terms and Conditions
Make sure to check the terms and conditions of this early voice access, here’s an excerpt:
- “Alexa deal offers only apply to selected products purchased from Amazon.com using Alexa voice shopping on an Echo Device until 11:59 a.m. (PDT) on October 12, 2019. Offer not available using Alexa in the Amazon app.
- Alexa will either add the product to your Amazon shopping cart or prompt you to complete the purchase with Alexa. You must complete your purchase by 11:59 a.m. (PDT) on October 12, 2020.
- Each product discount is limited to one per customer and one per device.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offers at any time.
- Offer expires at 11:59 a.m. (PDT) on October 12, 2020.
Voice Shopping after Prime Day
If you’ve checked the terms and conditions page after Prime Day, you’ll realize that Amazon keeps this link updated with voice shopping deals:
Kasa Smart Plug Mini (Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on October 18, 2020) Wyze Cam (Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on October 18, 2020)
Please, check the Amazons terms and conditions of voice shopping for current voice deals.
How to enable Voice Shopping
Chances are, that you have voice shopping not yet enabled. When you say:
- Alexa, what are my deals?
she might come back with: “If you’d like to order something, go to settings in the Alexa app and enable voice purchasing.”
- Open “Settings” (from the bottom right “More” menu in the Alexa app)
- Tap on “Account Settings”
- Tap on “Voice Purchasing”
- Turn on “Purchase by voice”
- Since voice purchasing requires valid 1-Click preferences, review your 1-Click settings
- Enable a 4-digit voice code to confirm Amazon purchases and payments
- You can disable the voice code requirement, when your voice is recognized
Voice Shopping on an Echo Device
- Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?
Alexa will return your Amazon top deal and ask you if you’d like to add it to your cart. If you don’t add it to your cart, Alexa will tell you your 2nd top deal, and if this is still not what you want, she’ll ask if you’d like to hear more top deals.
Voice Shopping on an Echo Show Device
- Alexa, what are my Prime Day deals?
Alexa will open your top 10 deals and read the product name and price of the first product. You can swipe through the list or ask for more details:
- Alexa, show me number two
The Show will display a “buy this”, “add to cart” and “more details” button for every product.
- Alexa, add number two to my cart
You can find all the voice commands on Amazons Alexa Voice Shopping website.
Alexa voice shopping might not be the most prominent feature of our Echo devices, but it does give us some benefits, especially when expanding our Echo family with early access to Prime Day deals.
Happy Voice Shopping!
P.S. In case you’ve missed the early Prime Day voice access, no worries. We can also use this trick for Black Friday!