I need to name this longest episode ever a tragicomedy. (Actually, it’s not that long, it will take you only about 8 minutes =)
Siri, Alexa and Google first entertain us with some figures on how important we humans are and how much we like our assistants, before they go on and call us “products”. We are: consumers, unpaid workers, resources and products of AI!
I mean … ?
Here are this weeks headlines:
- New Smart Speaker Survey from Adobe
- Highlights from the Apple Event
- HomePod’s new features
- “Anatomy of an AI” and why YOU are A.I.’s product
- Google’s reCaptcha trick as example for unpaid crowdsourcing
- Bezos becomes a 1% philantropist on Day One
For more details on the headlines, let’s dive into the news sources …
New Smart Speaker Survey from Adobe
- We are chatting up Amazon’s Alexa and Apple’s Siri a lot more @cnet
- Here’s what people actually use their Amazon Echo and other smart speakers for@cnbc
- Tipping Point: 48% of Consumers Will Own An Amazon Echo, Google Home, Apple HomePod By 2019 @forbes
You’re into music? @smartenlight
- Hey Google, Play Some Music! All The Music Voice Commands
- Siri and Apple Music: The Many Voice Commands for HomePod, iPhone, Apple TV, Apple Watch and Mac
- Alexa, Play Some Music: All The Music Voice Commands
- If you’d like to know which of our assistants is more musical, see Musical Assistant Showdown: Who will win, Siri, Google or Alexa?
- Here are the easter-eggs: Easter Assistant Showdown: Who has the Best Easter Egg Hunt? Siri, Alexa or Google?
Smart Home Setup and Commands? @smartenlight
- Logitech Harmony and Google Assistant: Setup and Voice Commands
- Logitech Harmony and Alexa: Setup, Review and Voice Commands
- Assistant Comparison: Assistant Showdown with Logitech Harmony: Who will win, Alexa or Google?
- Siri and Philips Hue – Setup and Review
- Alexa and Philips Hue – Setup and Review
- Google Assistant and Philips Hue
- Assistant Comparison: Assistant Showdown with Philips Hue: Who will win? Siri, Alexa or Google Assistant
- Siri and Nanoleaf Aurora – Setup and Review
- Alexa and Nanoleaf Aurora – Setup and Review
- Google Assistant and Nanoleaf Aurora – Setup and Review
- Assistant Comparison: Assistant Showdown with Nanoleaf Aurora: Who will win, Siri, Alexa or Google Assistant?
Highlights from the Apple Event
- Everything Apple Announced at Today’s ‘Gather Round’ Event in 6 Minutes @macrumors
- Siri, Apple is just not that into you @zdnet
- Apple Made a Siri Webpage Detailing Everything She Can Do @macobserver
- iOS 12 Siri Shortcuts Is Only the Beginning: Imagine an App Store for A.I. @inverse
HomePod’s new features
- HomePod adds new features and Siri languages @ apple
- Google Assistant can speak Danish and Norwegian @androidpolice
“Anatomy of an AI” and why YOU are A.I.’s product
- This beautiful map shows everything that powers an Amazon Echo, from data mines to lakes of lithium @theverge
- Anatomy of an AI @anatomyof.ai
- Blood, Sweat, and Batteries @fortune
Google’s reCaptcha trick as example for unpaid crowdsourcing
Bezos becomes a 1% philantropist on Day One
- We finally know how Jeff Bezos will spend his billions @mashable
- Amazon’s Bezos Finally Sketches Out His Philanthropic Vision @bloomberg
- Amazon billionaire Jeff Bezos to open schools where ‘the child will be the customer’ @telegraph
Other News (not covered in Episode 7)
- Amazon Is Killing The Skill (As We Know It) @tomsguide
- $2 billion in charity is not enough for Jeff Bezos to slink out of the public limelight @recode
- It’s Echo season. Our guesses on what Amazon could unveil @digitaltrends
- Google Assistant Takes Lead in Understanding Speakers with Accents @voicebot.ai
- Spend time with your kids with these 3 new Google Home Disney games @androidauthority
- Apple hopes you’ll figure out what to do with AI on the iPhone XS @zdnet
I hope you have “enjoyed” this weeks AI News! Some food for thought? Let us know below.
Stay tuned for more news from Siri, Alexa and Google!